Free Research Materials
|August 17, 2008||Posted by Business4Moms under General Information, Must Have Resources||
Let me introduce you to your new best friends in your home business venture: they are
1) The Internet (no surprise there) and;
2) The Public Library (yes I said your Public Library.)
There are two reasons why these are your new best friends – they are
1) They are full of useful information; and
2) They are FREE! (And free is a favorite word of mine.)
Now, many of you already thought of looking on the internet (which is of course, why you are reading this!), but you may think that the public library is a little too low tech for you. But there are many reasons why, as an entrepreneur, you should check it out.
- Many public libraries have free access to the internet.
- You can access relevant journals in your field without having to actually subscribe to them all, thus saving you money!
- You can check out books and reference material on your specific business, or on business in general. Although you will eventually want to purchase some resources to have on hand, the public library is a great way to weed through those resources to see what you really need and what you don’t.
- Reading through books and magazines at the library or at home is a great way to give your little hands a break and this help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome!
So, as the kids are getting ready to go back to school, go ahead and take some time to go low tech and spend a few hours at the library. It can do your home business a lot of good! (And be sure to pick up a good book or two to read to your kids!)